Animal dumping is horrific, cruel, and in most areas, illegal. Sometimes dumping occurs out of desperation and ignorance.
Dumping cats and dogs happens in many forms.
- Leaving a cat or dog in a dumpster.
- Taking the the animal to the country or another area of town and leaving it. (Sometimes referred to as “Taking it to a farm.”)
- Moving and leaving the animal behind.
- Chaining a dog to a tree or sign-post.
- Tossing a cat, dog, or other animal from a car.
- Shooting an animal, flushing it down the toilet, or throwing it in a creek or river.
Municipal shelters are available in most areas and typically allow animals to be surrendered for free. Help people find local resources and make a more compassionate choice when it comes to animals. While we know municipal animal shelters and other cat and dog rescues are swamped with turn-ins, it is a more compassionate choice than dumping.
Don’t Dump Those Pups
Dont’ Dump That Cat
Don’t Dump That Dog
Don’t Dump Those Kittens
Don’t Toss That Cat
Don’t Toss That Dog
Don’t Tether & Run
Foreclosing on Fido
Cats Don’t Belong Tossed In Rivers